PP twin wall vs Concrete
Below ground gravity transportation of sewage over a distance of 100 meters by a typical public sewer system from the collection point to the entrance of the waste treatment plant.
Pipes: Pipes and fittings:
- Diameter: DN/ID 300 mm - EN 13476
- Length 100 m - SBR sealing rings
- SN 8 kN/m2
- PP structured (twin) wall System:
- Manhole at 45 m intervals
Fittings: - Slope 1/200
- Filling rate 100%
- PP, socketed - EN 1295, EN 1610, ENV 1046
- SBR sealing rings
Service lifetime: 100 years
Comparison of PP structured (twin) wall to Concrete sewer pipe systems for the 7 environmental impact criteria
• Comparison studies are provided for information purposes only. The environmental impact analysis for alternative pipe materials has been calculated based on the same functional unit and category rules as used for the plastic pipe system to which it is compared. The analysis of the environmental impact of the comparison material has been based on publically available data
• It should be noted that data relating to raw materials, manufacturing processes, system design, installation practice, etc. for alternative pipe materials has been taken from various publically accessible sources. Whereas every effort has been made to ensure the integrity and validity of this data TEPPFA cannot accept any responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.
• As TEPPFA has made the results of the LCA comparison studies available for the general public, following the principles of ISO 14040- 2006 and ISO 14044- 2006, a critical review of the LCA study is required. Different to ISO requirements for comparative LCA studies TEPPFA did not install a review panel, but commissioned a single critical review. This critical review was performed by Denkstatt GmbH. A summary of their review is included at the end of each comparison report.