PP vs DI
Gravity discharge and transport of soil and waste from a typical European apartment of 100m2 to the entrance of a public sewer system.
Pipes: Pipes and fittings:
- 5 m, plain ended, solid wall, - PP pipe system components (pipe,
single layer, grey coloured fittings and rubber rings
are in accordance with EN 1451
- Diameter range: DN/OD 50; 75; 110 mm
Fittings: Pipe systems:
- all socket type - designed according to EN 12056-2
Service lifetime: 50 years
Comparison of PP to DI soil and waste pipe system for the 6 environmental impact criteria
• Comparison studies are provided for information purposes only. The environmental impact analysis for alternative pipe materials has been calculated based on the same functional unit and category rules as used for the plastic pipe system to which it is compared. The analysis of the environmental impact of the comparison material has been based on publically available data
• It should be noted that data relating to raw materials, manufacturing processes, system design, installation practice, etc. for alternative pipe materials has been taken from various publically accessible sources. Whereas every effort has been made to ensure the integrity and validity of this data TEPPFA cannot accept any responsibility for any inaccuracies or omissions.
• As TEPPFA has made the results of the LCA comparison studies available for the general public, following the principles of ISO 14040- 2006 and ISO 14044- 2006, a critical review of the LCA study is required. Different to ISO requirements for comparative LCA studies TEPPFA did not install a review panel, but commissioned a single critical review. This critical review was performed by Denkstatt GmbH. A summary of their review is included at the end of each comparison report.