VinylPlus is the voluntary sustainable development programme of the European PVC industry. It aims at creating a long-term sustainability framework for the entire PVC value chain. The regional scope of the 10-year programme (2010-2020) is the EU-28 plus Norway and Switzerland. VinylPlus builds on the progress made by its predecessor Vinyl 2010.
TEPPFA supports the VinylPlus programme via EuPC (European Plastic converters) as a founding member. Further VinylPlus founding members are ECVM (European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers), ESPA (European Stabiliser Producers Association) and the European Plasticisers (formerly ECPI).
The VinylPlus programme was developed bottom-up in industry workshops and through an open dialogue with all stakeholders, including NGOs, regulators, public representatives and users of PVC. The key challenges have been developed based on The Natural Step System Conditions for a Sustainable Society.
The VinylPlus programme aims to:
- recycle 800,000 tonnes of PVC per year by 2020
- promote a sustainable use of additives
- improve PVC products sustainability and their contribution to sustainable development
- reduce progressively GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions as well as energy and resource consumption along the entire production chain
- move towards a low-carbon circular economy
- build sustainability awareness along the value chain and among stakeholders
For further information: www.vinylplus.eu