The Buried Pipes report presents the information on the performance of pipes when buried under different conditions.
Information is presented on the performance of pipes when buried under different conditions. The need for such a study became apparent with the demand by European legislation on buried pipelines design. Next to this, there was a gap in understanding how flexible pipes, and more specifically thermoplastic pipes, perform in real life.Download summary report
1. Several data sets are to become available for validating current and future design methods.
2. One clear design and installation advice to customers.
3. Avoid overkill in installation requirements.
4. Design in balance with feasible installation methods.
5. Increase the confidence in thermoplastics pipes for buried application.
The buried pipes design tool is based on the research and findings of the buried pipes report and helps to predict performance of the pipeline under the effect of different factors.